Skip to main content

Becoming a better writer- Inspiration for developing a writing style


Writing as an "ART"



Elizabeth's thoughts......

As I embark on the journey of  "How to become an author" and the mother and son journey of learning how to become authors through trial and error.....I have enthusiastically dove into many avenues of the various approaches to writing. 

Trust me, just like Alice in Wonderland' a person could really fall backwards into the rabbit hole of the resources and authors methodologies available on the internet! I have always felt that reading and writing are an 'art.' I admire people who are generous with descriptive details that open a readers mind up to a new world of imagination and inspiration. 



Consequently, I discovered the book; "The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity" written by Julia Cameron. This book is truly instrumental in providing the 'good habit' of establishing a writing time allotment within the busy schedule of life. She has developed what is called "The Morning Pages" designed to just WRITE, about anything! Thus, developing the space, time and creativity that sets the tone for the rest of a authors day. Julia's book is in alignment with the '12 Step Program' used in addiction programs. This guidance allows writers to tap into their own life struggles and overcome them. As a result, unblocking a potential 'writer's block.'



Which of course, led me to another one of her awesome audios; "The Writing Life: Ideas and Inspiration for Anyone Who Wants to Write" Julia Cameron and Natalie Goldberg . The audio assists in shattering the notion that only 'certain people' can be authors. When in fact, everyday we are our authors in our own lives! The two women share ideas and insights to guide the listeners to writing that ultimately opens higher levels of thinking and one's own spirituality.


Both of Julia's books have offered a new perspective of writing, from an artist's vantage point; however, not it the stereotypical way of 'art.' Most people think of art as paint, and isle and a prop to inspire you paint it. Julia Cameron addresses our intuitive and spiritual elements. In order to write about 'life', it is important to understand yourself from all dimensions of a persona. Logic is wonderful; however, on it's own it can be a bore. 


Art is about incorporating all the many elements; color, dimensional aspects, visual, emotional and intuitive abilities. Writing is a cumulation of so many wonderful aspects of humanity....why limit ourselves. I am learning that to be a writer who writes content that people want to read and be engaged in; one must be engaging. Therefore, I suppose that means....paint the chapters of your life with brilliant colors and through the written word....make it a rainbow!


*Photo Credit: Shutterstock


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things are popping up!! SPRING!! Awesome Books inside!!๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’Œ

  I love SPRING!!! ❤ Oh my goodness! Time to start the seedlings and prepare the garden! This year, I hope I will be more successful with my pepper plants and other things that I unintentionally thwarted the quality of lfe.... I want to send out a special thanks to all the readers of Myloh's Ocean Adventures and Tae Sung's Peculiar Life for you reviews recently! It is so heart warming to read everyone's thoughts about the stories! Myloh's littlest reader & Fan- Irene, S. Korea As always, thank you for being you and joining me each month to discover new adventures with Featured Authors and Promotions~ Enjoy and HAPPY SPRING TIME!! March's Featured Books! What matters is on the inside! A heart-warming tale about self-love and self-acceptance. ★ An encouraging, adorable and motivational tale about being true to one's feelings! Perfect for bedtime reading with children! ★Bert has been keeping a secret ins...

This Newsletter is PACKED! About to explode! BOOM!! ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Greetings Everyone! I trust you are having a wonderful first of your new year! Thank you for staying on with me for my 'once a month' letter! I love hearing from you and I hope you enjoy all the goodies in each newsletter! Scroll on down and have FUN! Elizabeth ❣❣ Author and Readers Corner I have been having and ABSOLUTE BLAST.. interviewing fellow authors and book reviews on my Youtube Channel!! Check it out...so fun! "Author's and Their Books" Interviews on "Gimme 5 Book & Author Reviews" Featured Books & Authors Through March....still adding! Gimme 5! Authors and Book Reviews Hello everyone! I just learned about this service for authors to gain honest reviews for their books that is Amazon compliant! They are in their 'launch' phase, so significant discount and free 10 day trial. Reviews are so important, I listed one of my books and see how it goes! Best of everything to us! ๐Ÿคฉ For Readers find more awesome books and inspire & s...
  OH! Christmas Tree...Real vs. Fake?! What is my carbon foot print...?? Recently, I was teaching my students about Real vs Fake Christmas trees and I was shocked! I thought I was doing something GOOD for the environment by NOT cutting down a tree at the Christmas Tree Farm. (just reuse the same tree every year, right?) Well, everyday I learn new facts! Support the tree farmers, produce oxygen, recyclable and no emissions into the air from factories that make plastic trees. Oh CHRISTMAS TREE!!! I have always loved nature. Now, more than ever the earth needs us to be accountable for our part to give back. Our carbon footprint..... I started writing "Myloh's Adventures" series with my Co-Author Missy Richardson with our first book centering around the hazards of helium balloon release. Helium balloons are so magical when they are released. They drift aimlessly along a sunny sky and we can make a wish. Until the balloon deflates and finds it's way to the ocean and wra...